Virtual Public Innovators Lab
Sept. 28 - Nov. 16
Learn how to create more impact in your community from your computer!
The Virtual Public Innovators Lab is an 8-week online course with weekly 90-minute sessions where you and your colleagues will learn The Harwood Institute's innovative, tested approach to create more impact in your community and strengthen the way your community works. In the Virtual Lab, you will learn everything we teach in our in-person Labs with more flexibility and at a lower cost.
- Do you feel stuck in your work?
- Are your programs and strategies not working?
- Do the problems you want to tackle seem so overwhelming you don't know where to start or what to do next?
- Do you just feel like the community is getting lost in everything you're doing?
If you answered "yes" to any of these, then 1) know that you aren't alone, and 2) this course is for you.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The Lab is for people who are leading or supporting work to help address community problems. We call these individuals public innovators. They can come from nonprofits, faith organizations, businesses, government, academia and other areas. Their organizations can be any size from any size community.
- We are looking for people who run programs or initiatives, are part of the senior staff, or lead organizations.
- If you already use our approach but have new staff, this is a great, cost effective way for them to get trained.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- How to engage and understand your community the right way
- How to use what you learn from the community to gain new allies
- How to improve your programs and strategies so they work for your community - not just for the experts
- How to get work moving with the right partners in the community when it seems like everyone is stuck and there's talk but no action
- How to be a more intentional community leader that exercises genuine authority, authenticity and accountability
WHAT WILL I GET?
- An action plan that you can start on as soon as you get home
- A toolkit with all the materials you can copy and use with your colleagues
- A library of videos on topics we cover in the Lab
- Regular updates from the Institute through our newsletter
- The Virtual Lab is structured as an 8-week online course.
- This program will take place every Thursday from 1:30 to 3 p.m. Eastern Time for 8 weeks beginning Sept. 21.
- The online sessions are highly interactive. You're expected to participate in discussions.
- In between sessions, you will participate in online discussions and have about 30 minutes of "homework" to do so you can apply what you are learning as you are learning it.
Sign Up Today!
SEPT 28 - NOV 16
$695/person for 10+ people
"Seats" reserved on a first-come, first-served basis
(prices reflect a 20% discount for the 2017 year)
Need more information before you decide?
Participants will need:
- Access to a computer. Macs and PCs both work.
- An internet connection (wired connections are preferred but if using wireless minimize other open apps)
A phone line available for audio.
Computer System Requirements
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor (or equivalent) for Microsoft® Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1, Windows 10, 8.1 (32-bit/64-bit), 8.0
- (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit)
- 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended) for Windows 7 or Windows 8
- Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 or later; Windows Edge browser; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 13.0+
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor
- 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended
- Mac OS X 10.8, 10.9, 10.1
- Browser: Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 13.0+