Opening for Director of Network Engagement and Communications Announced
The Harwood Institute for Public Innovation currently seeks an individual to lead the execution of a network engagement and communications strategy to advance the Institute’s mission of teaching, coaching and inspiring people and organizations to solve pressing problems and change how communities work together. Specifically, this individual will be responsible for growing the Institute's network of organizations and leaders seeking to get beyond the acrimony and divisiveness getting the way of solving our common challenges. The strategy involves a combination of promoting the Institute's training and coaching initiatives designed to help strengthen the impact of people and groups addressing community challenges as well as elevating the position of the Institute as a leading voice and a go-to place for making communities and society work for everyone.
The Director of Network Engagement and Communications will:
- Promote the Institute’s ideas, practices and services through a variety of channels, including e-letters, social media, phone calls, and peer-to-peer outreach
- Execute e-marketing and engagement campaigns with targeted audiences
- Manage the Institute’s social media channels and web presence
- Enforce the Institute’s brand guidelines and ensure consistency
- Support our partners in communicating and spreading our ideas and practices
- Maintain and grow the Institute's database of supporters
The ideal candidate will be:
- An excellent verbal and written communicator
- Skilled in the effective use of e-communications to advance a strategy
- Experienced in creating and managing automated marketing campaigns
- Experienced in effectively using social media
- Naturally assertive and outgoing
- An self-starter with a proven track record
- Highly organized, deadline driven and able to effectively manage multiple work flows simultaneously
Additionally, preference will be given to candidates with 5-7 years experience in the marketing field and skilled in Salesforce, Pardot, Adobe Creative Suite, Squarespace, and Eventbrite.
This is a full-time position located on site at our headquarters in Bethesda, Md. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
The Harwood Institute has a strong commitment to building a culturally diverse and inclusive team. We encourage women and minorities to apply. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply by sending a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.