Project Coordinator & Administrative Assistant
The Harwood Institute for Public Innovation currently seeks an individual who can help manage operations and provide essential support to the staff. Candidates should have strong administrative experience and demonstrable organizational skills. They should be personable and articulate communicators, both in speech and in writing. As a national nonprofit that helps people and organizations address challenges and make communities stronger, belief in our mission is valued. The ideal fit will be an energetic, entrepreneurial, and highly organized team player.
- Manage timelines and production schedules for major projects
- Support project work with partners, including event management and support
- Arrange, book, and prepare itineraries for staff travel
- Review and negotiate contracts with consultants, vendors, and other external constituents
- Provide limited bookkeeping support as needed
- Manage office supply inventory
- Other general administrative support as needed
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following characteristics:
- Recent college graduate interested in nonprofits
- Minimum 1 year of Administrative Assistant support capacity. A combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Must be very proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, Excel) and basic professional software in general.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and able to prioritize and complete multiple tasks within timelines and budgets
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proactive, adaptable, and positive attitude
- Team player – must work across organization and with multiple vendors, consultants and partners
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and anticipate needs
Please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements. List the position you are applying for in the subject line. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
This is a full-time position with benefits, based at the Institute’s office in Bethesda, MD. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and includes excellent benefits.
The Harwood Institute has a strong commitment to building a culturally diverse and inclusive team. We encourage women and minorities to apply. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
About The Harwood Institute
The Harwood Institute for Public Innovation is a nonpartisan, independent nonprofit that teaches, coaches and inspires people and organizations to solve pressing problems and change how communities work together. Founded by Richard C. Harwood in 1988, the Institute partners with some of the world's largest nonprofits, and their tools and frameworks have spread to all 50 states in the U.S., across Australia and Canada, and have been used by individuals in more than 40 countries worldwide.