Director of Partnership Initiatives
The Harwood Institute is a 30-year-old independent, nonpartisan nonprofit that teaches, coaches and inspires people and organizations around the world to solve pressing problems and change how communities work together. As we seek to scale our ideas and practices as part of a newly adopted three-year strategy, we are currently seeking an individual to drive performance and impact of our various partnership initiatives in the U.S. and abroad. These initiatives typically involved training and follow-up coaching and are designed to help individuals, organizations and community coalitions transform how they engage their communities to create more sustained impact.
The Director of Partnership Initiatives will report to the Executive Vice President of the Institute and will be part of a small, highly entrepreneurial, catalytic team that is committed to helping communities, particularly those that have been marginalized or left behind, bridge divides and find productive ways to join together and address common challenges.
The Director of Partnership Initiatives will:
- Ensure progress, results and quality control in our initiatives.
- Strengthen and manage systems to track the activities and progress against the goals of the Institute’s partnership initiatives.
- Guide partners as we implement initiatives together, through setting up training, follow-up coaching, evaluation and other supports.
- Surface issues or concerns related to achieving impact and results as they arise and appropriately coordinate troubleshooting in a timely manner.
- Support management of the Institute’s certified coaches, who work with local partners. This includes participating in regular coach meetings (in-person and phone) and coach development opportunities.
An ideal candidate will:
- Have at least a bachelor’s degree (master’s degree preferred) and 5-7 years experience supporting the execution of programs, trainings, major events or other projects that involve delivering results in a complex environment with multiple actors and streams of activity.
- Be facile with computer technology and have strong experience in using technology to track projects and impact.
- Have worked on community and/or organizational change initiatives or have experience in delivering results in programs related to personal and organizational development.
- Be a self-starter that is well organized, efficient, has excellent time management and can manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Have a genuine passion for working in a small, fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization that is stretching itself, growing and highly focused on mission and impact.
This is a full-time position located on site at our headquarters in Bethesda, Md. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
The Harwood Institute has a strong commitment to building a culturally diverse and inclusive team. We encourage women and minorities to apply. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply by sending a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.